Hello, I am Fabian Mürmann.Product Consultant, Technical Project Manager & maker of prototypes.
I consult companies of all sizes
- To build the right product or solution
- To integrate those products & solutions across teams
- To optimize their processes & workflows towards those
and as Technical Project Manager I
... with a goal to help everyone who's involved to deliver successful projects.
I also make prototypes, am an intermin CTO'ish person and occasionally do some software engineering.
Sounds vague? Let me put this another way:
I make products happen by helping to figure out what product, how to do it and making them.
I won't bite, promised! I'll likely ask some questions to start with. Say hello :)
Does not sound vague? Ace, let's team up!
Successful deliveries with the people & end in mind
My 18 years of experience taught me how to deliver successful digital projects & products based on customer needs while keeping people first and considering business objectives & goals, available as well as missing resources.
- Start with the end in mind
- Set, communicate & agree on desired outcome(s)
- Keep everybody in the loop, always
- Set expectations, on all sides of the table
- Define ownership. Who is doing what for whom and why and how?
- Share knowledge
Recently I’ve been consulting the HR-Department of the adidas Group, making internal products & relaunching their global career site in collaboration with Thorsten Konrad.
In 2014 I co-founded Heyshops (not around anymore) as their CTO. An eCommerce startup that aimed to make fashion shopping more convenient in the local context of a city.
From late 2012 to 2013 I was creative technologist at Bevation an accelerator & innovation lab at Bertelsmann. My role was to evaluate potential ventures and to determine their technological requirements as well as to guide technical concepts and develop prototypes.
I had the pleasure to work for Readmill from 2011 to 2012 where I developed an application that synchronized amazon kindle highlights besides implementing many features on their web product.
Between 2005 and 2009 I co founded and ran the local social network liebt.de (not around anymore) in my Hometown - Krefeld, Germany.
From 2004 until 2013 I ran a SAAS Product to sell CDs, DVDs, Books and Merch for online retailers (with customers in NYC, Germany, Austria and Toronto) which mainly handled
- Inventory Management(grading, sorting, physical location)
- Manage Orders & shipping those (~12 million processed overall)
- Listing of stocked items to amazon and eBay Marketplaces
- Real time pricing of listed inventory on marketplaces
- SKU and logistic handling
- Generation of reports (tax, im/-export)
Clients, Companies & People I have worked with:
adidas Group, Bertelsmann, Etsy, Nokia, Ullstein Buchverlage, ZEIT ONLINE, Handelsblatt, Third Wave GmbH, you & the gang, Readmill, Heyshops, DDB, Fressnapf, Mister Spex, FischerAppelt, days.am/wander, Park Slope Music, Rhinoplus, liebt.de, Thorsten Konrad, HelloMe, DesignSmash amongst others.
Some recent projects
Disclaimer: Most work I do is not public. I know... makes it hard to get it. But that's how it is.
Still here? Wow. Now you have to tell me what made you stick so long drop me a line. Talk soon.